Do ya'll remember my post about my ds being bullied by the religious kid at school?

Well here is the latest.....a few weeks ago the kid gave my ds a tract. He brought it home and i asked him what he did. He said he just took it and walked away.
Then a week later this same kid tried to give my ds a bible at school. Again my ds said no thanks and walked away.
So i contacted the school and they assured me it would stop.
Do you think i should follow up with the school about it? Or just leave it be?

Would you have a problem with this happening at your school?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 2:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2013 in Religious Debate

• If it occurs again I think I would ask the school to set up a confab with the other kids parents and principals counselor teacher and you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Yup i plan on it.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 2:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• has it happened since the school said they would stop it? If not , it seems they did their job
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 2:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• OMG. Must be vinty's kid. LOL
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Lmfao pga!!
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• This just happened last week so im still waiting to see if anything else happens.
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Just sit tight and see if it happens again.
    When our youngest was little, a neighbor boy would tell him he was going to go to Hell because he never went to church.
    We had this boy over for a play date and the mother came to pick him up. I mentioned to the mom, I'm surprised you allowed Jr to come and play, considering we don't attend church and are going to Hell!
    Never heard from that mom and child again! LMAO!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 3:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Hopefully the school will put a stop to any further incidents. If not, the conference with the other parents and the teacher and principal seems like the next step to take.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• For now, I'd leave it be. If your son comes home with anything else from this kid, then I'd be back in the principal's office raising a big stink.

Yes, I'd have a problem with this happening at either of my kid's schools. My husband and kids go to church (Mormon) every Sunday. I only go on special occasions (primary program, baptism, mother's day, etc.) to support my kids. There is NO reason, in my book, why a child should be trying to convert another child. That's not what they're at school to do.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Yeah, I'd give them the chance to show you it won't happen again, but if it does then I'd be on top of it demanding a conference with the other parents.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2013