Do you remember when you first felt your baby move?

I'm almost 14 weeks, and I could have sworn I felt the baby move yesterday. I can't remember how far along I was with my son when I first felt him moving around, but boy after that first time, he moved non-stop it seemed like!

bduckett0723

Asked by bduckett0723 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think it was about 18 weeks. Such a sweet little fluttery feeling.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I could lay on my back and see and feel her at 12 weeks but my doc said it was unusual. He said it was cause there was no fat between the baby and my skin. My hubby could feel her as well
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 3:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I felt her kick for the first time around 15 weeks.. my husband did not feel a thing till I was about 20 weeks
    ashcrash

Answer by ashcrash at 3:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i was about 14 weeks with this one have no idea how far along i was with my son lol that was back in 2003 lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I felt my daughter for the first time at 18 wks.
    xocyncyn

Answer by xocyncyn at 3:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I felt around 18 weeks but hubby didnt feel til about 21 weeks
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I too could lay on my back and see a big lump.(@12 wks) I woke up and thought wow that hurts. I pulled up my shirt and said omg. It felt so tight that every little squirm made me so uncomfortable. I dont remember when it started. I would feel little taps and my hubby couldn't. His first real kick was about 18 weeks I think. Made me jump. I was at the top of the bed reading a magazine, hubby at the bottom playing video games. I was telling him for a while I thought I could feel it. When I jumped I said "whoa that definitely was one."He says "Yeah I felt that one". Yes he is quite the smartass. I'd say you're about on time for that. 14 weeks, sure.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I think I was maybe 21 weeks. I was at my desk at work and I just felt this really light little flutter. Then it stopped and a minute later I felt it again! It was so cool :-) Within just a few weeks I had an alien baby poking all types of limbs through my tummy lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• 16 1/2 weeks for me. I was so happy, cause I thought that I wouldn't feel her til closer to 20 since she's my first.
    It felt like someone was tapping me with their finger on the inside. (Which, I'm guessing, were her little teeny kicks)
    Couldn't feel it from the outside til closer to 20 though.
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'm overweight and (more so now than doing pregnancy lol) but my mom was beginning to freak out because I wasn't feeling the baby around 15 weeks like everyone else does I guess (my mom was a size 6 when she was preg with me.) I was at work and all of a sudden felt something really weird tha kinda threw me off balance as I was walking to a cash register. We had three other women that were pregnant at the time (all had SEVERAL children) and one of them said...after looking at the look on my face..."You just felt the baby move?" That's when I realized that that's what that was. So about 20-22 weeks I think.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009