Did/do your kids give their classmates Christmas presents?

My oldest is in Kinder, so this is my first year as a school aged child mommy. And I was just curious did/do your kids give out Christmas presents? And if they did/do, did/do they give one to all of their classmates or just the ones that they want to? And if they did/do, do you buy gifts or make ones?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 6:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No. Just the teacher. Are you in catholic school? If not. The school won't like that at all. In catholic school some bring in cards or candy canes. Always for the whole class.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• No, our school has a secret santa day that they bring a same sex gift for under $5 and do a swap, please don't allow your kid to give gifts to only the children he likes, that might hurt some feelings.
    You should buy a gift for the teacher, and if you are inclined a small token for the music, art, phys. ed teacher, as well as any after care providers that your kid has.
    It would be a huge burden on most families to have to buy gifts for every child in a class room, so even if your son wants to give a gift, it is going to make someone feel obligated to give one back,
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Yes, but usually on the last day before winter break and only to their true friends. Never done anything for the entire class.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• only if there is a name drawing etc.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 7:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I would only give to the teacher, but you could always bake cupcakes for everyone!

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 7:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• My DD is that age and we do teachers only. No classmates exchanged gifts. We do exchange with a couple close friends of hers outside of school.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Oh heavens no. Teacher only.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I always make up treat bags for all the kids. I include pencils, erasers, stickers, an inexpensive toy from the Dollar store like a car, rubber animal & hair clips for the girls. Add in a candy cane, put it in a Holiday bag & put a label on that says From "Paulie". Then I get the Teacher a small gift like a picture frame. I do it for my Son's Birthday in class & send in cupcakes. Also for Valentines Day & Easter (Spring Party). I spend around $30 in total for the kids plus the Teachers gift.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Oh BTW, if you either have to send in for all the kids or nothing. You can't leave anyone out per our School rules.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• I wrapped little puzzles up for every kid in my kid's class when he was in 2nd grade. They all loved it, and the cost wasn't much at all. Don't just give to a few kids.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2013