My kids skin is so translucent!

Since birth, you could see a big vein under my daughters eye.. it almost looks like a black eye, people don't notice unless I point it out, whew.. but has this happened to anyone elses kid?
I asked the doctor about it when she was about 1, and he said it'd fade over the years. She's almost 4 and it's almost getting darker. Any similar stories? Did they end up fading? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• yes..me! when i was younger i had carrot top red hair and very fair skin, so fair if i hate peas my skin would turn green.. someone actually called social services on my parents cause they thought i was being mistreated. turns out i am just fair skind. and to this day i am still very fair skind. i hav darkend over the years but you can still see my veins going up and down my arms and on my breast kinda creepy but no worries!
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 10:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes, my son's skin is very very fair! He has one big vein in his neck that is very noticalbe and sticks out when he gets excited or angry!
    He is now 8 years old and is still just as fair. So to answer your question, for him age didn't make a big difference, but he still is only 8! Time will tell:)
    Anonymous