34 weeks and I cannot stand how my body looks...

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and I cannot stand how my body looks right now. I have been struggling with my body image for most of this pregnancy but I'm at the point where all I want to do is put on big baggy clothes so no one can see my figure and I can't stand looking in the mirror. Stepping on the scale is like torture and I dread every doctor appointment.

Am I the only one that feels this way near the end or is this pretty common?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Most every women feels like a beached whale at the end of the pregnancy.

Answer by louise2 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Yeah, I figured...

I just can't stand it anymore. My hips and thighs gained a ton of weight too and I just feel like a big ol' ball of flubber and it doesn't help that my doc constantly reminds me that I've gained too much weight. I've gained 27 pounds already. I gained much more with my first but I'm just having a hard time :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Ha Ha Ha.... Yes, you are totally the only one in the world. Don't you know that all pregnancies are glamorous and a breeze, just like they show in Hollywood? I mean, you'll have the baby, which will be a complete WONDERFUL experience, no pain, just loveable glances at your SO, the baby will pop right out, you will immediately be back in shape, get into your size 3 clothing and have a wonderful baby who will sleep when you do, eat when it's convenient for you, always smile, never cry and always be wonderfully happy! Never sick.

Are you freaking kidding me????
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• What's more important? Your body image or a healthy baby?
    Perhaps you need to turn your focus to the positive.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Um. m-avi ...all i mentioned was body image.

I felt like the fact that I want to hide my body and run screaming from the scale might be a little excessive. That's all. You don't have to be so sarcastic...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• You aren't the only one who feels that way. But remember that this isn't permanent, and you're not fat, you're pregnant. I've had 3 kids, I gained 60 lbs with my first 2, 40 with my second, and almost 4 years later I'm almost completely back in shape and smaller than I was before I got pregnant. It takes a hell of a lot of hard work but you can get your body back when the time is right, just don't stress about it right now.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• According to my doctor...due to my excessive weight gain, my baby is going to be unhealthy so i guess these things are kind of going hand in hand lately.
    Anonymous

• Ha Ha just wait till after the baby is born, 9 years later and I still hate my body. Lol jusy give up on that thinking it's very much a waste of time and energy. Good luck

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 7:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Hi GORGEOUS! Did you see the pregnancy pictures of Kim K? Have you seen her now?

Seriously. The weight falls right off after birth. Wayyyyy faster if you breastfeed too!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• *40 with my 3rd i meant.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2013