I have a five year old boy that fights his father and I to go to school and to do his homework, it's sad at times cause I feel I'm between a rock and a hard place. Some weeks we have no problems

Then I get knocked off my feet. It hurts me cause I feel I'm loosing my relationship with him and he goes after his dad ?

Kiko771

Asked by Kiko771 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sorry what is your question? Sometimes change can affect a child or diet but we could help you better if your question was clear.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Is he having problems at school -either with kids or with the work or teacher?
    Has something changed at home recently?

I think it's normal for them to not always want to do homework or want to go to school
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

• Parents have to be consistent. You are not his friend you are the rock that he counts on to stand fast and lead him in the right direction. He won't always like it. Too bad.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:24 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• What does the kid have to say about it? Why is he fighting you? What has the teacher said about how the kid is doing in school?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• ....what? Physical fighting? You do his homework?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:46 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Therapy for everyone. You need a family counsellor to step in.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:14 AM on Oct. 31, 2013