Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do the state of missouri offer funding for children with behavor issues so they can do home schooling

i found an online accredited program thu MU she is 13yrs old and been having issues to the point its starting to effect her grades this is her last yr in middle school and her father and i was wondering if the state of missouri will help pay for her books and fees so she can finsh do to her on going behavior and issues her father is afraid she will be forced out of school and wont be able to finsh on time in a timely manner or she will be in an program thats not an accredited and wont be able to transfer her credits over to high school or college

Answer Question

Asked by tonilla at 11:12 PM on Oct. 30, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • Call your local school district. They can guide you on this. Not likely that you can get any state funds for this, however.

    Answer by gdiamante at 11:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • Often states have their own online schools that are free of charge. You would need to research through your district at the other poster has stated.

    Answer by Daigen at 11:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • thank you both for taking the time to answer my question

    Comment by tonilla (original poster) at 11:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2013

  • Has the school district been offering your daughter specialized services? If so, speak to the people who have been managing her case, since they'll have a good idea of what she needs and which online resources will be the most helpful to you.

    Answer by Ballad at 12:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

  • Speek to the counselor at school. They should be able to answer your questions.
    Each case is different and can be handled differently according to the child's needs.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

  • i thank you all again for taking the time to answer my questions my family and i have been trying to fig this issue out for weeks i will be in touch with her school by friday my daughter thanks you as well

    Comment by tonilla (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

  • Ballad got it.

    Answer by staciandababy at 1:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

  • You can check the homeschooling laws for your state at It will tell you what YOU would be required to do and what your state is required to do, as well as what they will or will not provide. There are some states (I'm not sure if yours is one of them) that will provide programs, materials, and/or other things to homeschoolers. However, you'll want to keep in mind that whether you go with an online program or do it all yourself, you will have to commit to being heavily involved in her education if you pull her from public school.

    Good luck, whatever you end up doing!

    Answer by wendythewriter at 7:24 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

  • What are you doing to help her with her issues behavior wise? I am not saying not to home school, but if her problems are severe enough that she can't control them at school, can you control them at home? I would say before I did anything I would be speaking with her doctor and getting her a full work up, if this is a new thing, this is around the age when many mental illnesses start to appear, so talk with her doctor asap.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.