for parents of 7-9 month old babies

i swear i have the worst lightest sleeper ever ...how many naps does yoru baby take and how long are they ???

britme1027

Asked by britme1027 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 2-3 naps a day at 2-3 hour at a time but if anyone sneezed it woke her up.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 3:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My son is almost 7 months but I've noticed lately that he's become a really light sleeper. He used to sleep through anything but now I can't even take my shoes off without stirring him!! His naps are never the same though. Someday he takes 2 2-3 hour naps and other days he only sleep for half an hour!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My son is taking two naps a day.... the first nap around 10am is generally short 25 mins. the 2nd nap is longer apx.1 hr around 1pm. 

CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 3:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• White noise...you need white noise. I run a noisy fan in my daughter's room when she is asleep. It serves three purposes....1. Reduces the risk of SIDS (not so much an issue now that she is older) 2. The sound of the fan drowns out all other noise in the house (she can't even hear the dogs barking when the fan is going in there) 3. Serves as an auditory signal that it is time to sleep. When we were traveling I just put a tv or radio on static and that worked just as well. Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Oh. - 2 naps a day (10 am and 3 pm) 2ish hours each.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• A morning nap and an afternoon nap each about 1.5-2hours long. My daughter is a light sleeper as well. We bought a white noise CD and run it on repeat while she sleeps. If I forget to have it repeat she'll wake up just from not hearing the noise anymore. White noise will help drown a lot of sounds out though.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 3:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my daughter is 7 months and she usually takes 3. she wakes up in the morn at about 10, so she naps at 12 for about 2 hours, sometimes only an hour. then she naps at 5 for about 1 1/2 hours then again at 8ish for about an hour usually less then she up until 11 or 12. shes a night owl!!
    shes gotten a lot more sensitive to noise too. i agree with the poster that said white noise. run a fan, or even put on a baby mozart cd to keep noise in his room. that will help him to be used to the noise and he wont wake up as easily
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 3:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 7 months. She gets up at about a quarter to 7, takes a nap about 10:30 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, then another hour nap around 3.

Mine's a light sleeper too. My cat could fart downstairs and it would wake her up.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 4:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Mine has become a light sleeper as well. We usually have a CD in their playing lullabies while she sleeps and if I forget to hit repeat she wakes up. Now if she is asleep in the car and it stops moving she wakes up. UGGH!!
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• 8 months two naps one at about 9 or so in the morning for about 45 mins to hr and the second around 2 when the 3 yr old goes down and that is usually for 2-3 hrs.
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 5:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009