How do we keep our 2yr old out of our bed???

Unfortunately we share a room with the kids (for now!), and every night I put them to bed I tell our 2 yr old that she needs to stay in her bed, but every night she ends up in our bed! I move her when back to her bed when we come upstairs, but I'm sick of it! How do I get her to stay in her own bed????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• By continuing to do what you are, for the time being.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• You can be sick of it all you want but evidently you started with her being in your bed and now it is just going to take t time and effort to break the habit you started. You simply move her to the other bed, each and every time.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Update with what works!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Take her back to her bed over and over, night after night. No talking after saying good night the first time. Stay calm and do it over and over until she gets the message she needs to stay there. It may take quite awhile, but just stick to it.

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Unless you go to bed when she goes to bed you can't keep her off your bed if she's in the same room.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 31, 2013