what would you mothers do if your son called you a peace of s***??

gabi28

Asked by gabi28 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Cry. I have no idea. I dread the day my son breaks my heart. If he's over 18 I would probably suggest that if I'm so horrible he can find somewhere else to live.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Calling your mother a "piece of shit" is different than he usual "I hate you". Does he have anger issues?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• well, he's apparently over 18 so... not much can be done really

*I would probably tell him that I'm sorry he feels that way, although I know nothing of your history as a family or individuals so it's hard to say
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Say " Damn straight. I'm the one that sticks to your ass no matter how much you try to wipe it away. Now go to your room." 18 or older can move on out if he doesn't like the rules here.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• After everyone got themselves together talk to find out what is bothering him.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• I would say "Pick a window. You're leaving."
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 10:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• my son is 26 and I am a good mother just trying to give advice. My son and his wife are getting a babysitter for their children under age of 5. I was only saying that his father and I dont agree with his decision. My son says he has done all research regarding this. I did say you cant possibly do research. The person watching your children may not have been caught and it could be your child that you are taking this chance with. My son thinks that we should help him more with babysitting. I work and do not have time. I do the best that i can.
    gabi28

Comment by gabi28 (original poster) at 10:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• If you don't agree to babysit and he and his wife need a date night, then it's really not up to you to criticize his decision to hire a babysitter, now is it?
    If you're SO concerned his research is no good, then YOU watch your grandkids!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Yeah see in that case I have no problem watching my grandkids. It is not any of your concern when you aren't willing to babysit. On the other hand, a "piece of s*** " doesn't offer up more babysitting until he can learn to talk to his mother respectfully. Either that or it stops being free babysitting. But yeah your advice, or rather opinion, was not needed in that situation unless you are offering to watch the kids.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2013

• He used the wrong choice of words, but you shouldn't criticize the choices he and his wife make, millions of children have babysitters and millions of children turn out just fine. I would say that you need to not insert your 2 cents in as far as child raising is concerned.
    You should call and apologize for doing so, and then tell him that calling you names no matter how mad he is at you, is crossing a line.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 10:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2013