He disgust me!

Last night my husband and i was having dinner, we had fried pork with fried plantain and mac n cheese. so as we were eating he said "if you put the pork in sunlight it will turn into maggots" i just felt so sick to my stomach when he said that and couldn't eat anymore, then he asked me what was wrong n i told him this is not the conversation you have when you're eating then he got mad at me saying how i have problem there is nothing wrong with what he said and walked off. please ladies enlightened me was i wrong for feeling gross out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Oct. 31, 2013 in Relationships

• Feelings are not wrong. They are just feelings.

staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Are you pregnant? LOL

I understand how that's not dinner conversation but, if that's the worst that he ever does, just consider yourself lucky & learn to pick your battles.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Are you married to a 12 year old boy?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Wait, how does meat turn into maggots? I would have asked for more information. Is it like a bacterial thing that turns a dead animal into many live animals? Kind of amazing.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Meat doesn't turn into maggots. Fly eggs hatch in/on food (maggots) and feed on the decomposing flesh/food.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• A little although I do agree this is not dinner conversation. I had many of these conversations over dinners with my kids.
    BTW hubby is wrong. The sunlight will make the meat inedible but maggot come from flies laying their eggs NOT sunlight.

I am old not and Dh and I still bring up weird factoids at inappropriate moments. Were kids present?
    I do think you might have over reacted.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Is it like a bacterial thing that turns a dead animal into many live animals? Kind of amazing.

More like dead animal is food for live animals. The circle of life. ;)
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 1:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• #1- he's gross
    #2- he's stupid

I hope he's at least good in bed or provides medical benefits.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:10 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Let see,, you are eating PORK. and he says something bad about pork! Yea. he is wrong. And an ass.

Answer by louise2 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Gag me with a rake.
    BeaverHouse

Answer by BeaverHouse at 2:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2013