Does my ex admitting that he does not want primary physical care matter?

Just wanting some insights from mom's who have fought for their child in court. My ex says and I quote "I don't even want physical primary care because I don't want her as much as you have her, but if you go for it I will too." I have a recording of him saying this. Does that help me or prove anything as to what his intentions are (he's wanting shared care).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2013 in General Parenting

• I believe the recording will be inadmissible. I will almost bet money he did not know you were recording.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• So recordings are only good if he knew I was recording?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Get him to write it in email

That , I think, you could show the judge
    Recordings not
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• I do know that I live in a one party consent state which means only one party (me) needs to know that the recording is going on.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Well then
    Let your lawyer have the recording
    And see what he/she says

Good luck

Sad he only wants to fight you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• I just wanted to see if any moms have ever used this approach.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• You can tell the judge, but whether the judge will take it into consideration is another question. I would give it to your lawyer and let him handle it. I would definitely make sure it's put out there, but there's no promise that the judge will make it a deciding factor.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• A friend of mine turned her answering machine over to her attorney so that they could document the messages left by her ex and his whore. It doesn't hurt to ask your attorney if such a recording were to exist, would it be useful in your case? I wouldn't outright admit that you have the recording, but if he / she says it's useful, ask when they would like it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:32 AM on Nov. 1, 2013