My cats have been pooping and peeing on my sosn jacket

so I have two cats around the same age 8 months old have had them for 2 months one I got fixed on my own and the other is supposedly fixed according to her previous owner. one is female the other male. I am not sure which one but one of them is pooping and peeing on my sons jacket regularly and I have been trying to keep it hung but today being halloween we were so busy I forgot and yet again more cat pee on it. I am not sure hwat to do any suggestions?

n8nnickmom

Asked by n8nnickmom at 10:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2013 in Pets

• Not really. You have to get even better at hanging it up. If you are not positive they are both spayed or neutered, that could certainly be the problem.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:32 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• You need to make sure the jacket is off the floor/furniture. And once cat pee is on the jacket, no matter how you wash it, it's a bitch to really get the smell out. You need to keep the cats away from it, or they will just continue to pee there because the smell is still in there.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• And you haven't thrown it away yet?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• the cat has peed on all 3 of my sons jackets, I just washed them and thank you for the advise when I can buy new ones I will throw them away, thank you and sorry about the spelling mistakes I type too fast and when I posted I was in a rush. the female cat I got previous owner said she is fixed and is shaved down there so I am pretty sure she is. I just dont know why they would poop and pee on my sons jackets and poop on the floor, it really upsets me because my husband will not put up with it for long because we just bought our first house so he doesn't want cat piss all over everything like the new carpets when we move into our new home next week.
    n8nnickmom

Comment by n8nnickmom (original poster) at 3:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Give the cats their own litterboxes and keep them pristine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• take them to the vet it might be a bladder infection if that's not the problem,I would crate them when you cannot watch them and give them regular litter box time or a room with the litterbox andno freedom to wander until they get their act together. I wouldn't put up with cats peeing and pooping all over my new home either....they would be gone if it was me,sorry I have no tolerance for that behavior in animals!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 10:19 PM on Nov. 17, 2013