Hi moms :) I am struggling a little with a big decision. I have just been given a crazy travel opportunity--Bora Bora for 8 days with a dear girlfriend--ALL expenses paid

I have a 3.5 year old + a 16 month old. My mom is here from overseas and staying with us (the girls love her). My husband will be here too but works full-time. Out of the 8 days there will be only 2 days that both girls will be here with my mom (the other days the oldest is in preschool + two days are the weekend so my husband will be home). For those 2 days, my cousin's wife will come and spend a majority of the day here to help as the two together are a bit of a handful.So the kids will be cared for well with pretty much no change with the exception of me not being here (big exception--I know). Can I have your thoughts? I've really gone through some tough stuff over the past few years (migrating to my husband's country (a crazy challenge in itself), loneliness, two kids quite quickly, postpartum depression, not a lot of support her, etc... I really feel like i could benefit from such a break. I hope it's ok to leave my girls

canadianaussie

Asked by canadianaussie at 11:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2013 in Travel

• Completely not ok...send me the ticket, and I will go
    Just being helpful, so you do not have to experience any guilt

Jk
    Go
    Have fun
    Relax
    Leave guilt at home, do not take on vacation
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• It is only 8 days momma, and it sounds like they will be well cared for. Take the once in a lifetime vacation! Enjoy yourself!
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 11:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• GO.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:35 PM on Oct. 31, 2013

• Thank you for your responses. Hope I'll hear a few more. I didn't mention that my husband isn't keen on the idea (at all) but that's another story (it's mostly a cultural thing)...I just wanted some feedback to see if it was crazy for me to even consider such an opportunity.

Thank you for making me laugh fiatpax :)
    canadianaussie

Comment by canadianaussie (original poster) at 5:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I agree you should go, but make sure it is not going to cause other problems with your husband. Have an honest, frank, talk about it.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Get on the Plane, Jane!
    Take a bunch of pictures and share them with us, this is very exciting!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 9:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I think you should go. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Go! Don't even think twice about it. They can handle it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:19 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Repeat after me "I have a life too". Continue repeating it until you realize that there is no good reason NOT to go. It's the opportunity of a lifetime.

"I just wanted some feedback to see if it was crazy for me to even consider such an opportunity."

You'd be crazy not to go!

goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 11:31 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I'm so flippin jealous right now. I think Bora Bora is the only go to travel spot on my list. DH has a longer list, but mine is focused. I'm green with envy.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:39 AM on Nov. 1, 2013