How much does your SO do around the house?

I'm a big believer in being equal. Especially if we are both working. Why should I have to do all the cleaning/laundry/cooking/giving baths etc, when I am also hard at work all day? I'm just curious as to who believes the same, and who's SO actually helps! :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Relationships

• Not much now, but that is because I lost my job and stay at home. When we were both working we did close to equal. I did cook more because he was leaving for work at 4:30 in the afternoon. He still helps out now, he takes the trash and recycling out for me (we live in an apartment and have to go to the basement for that and I can't leave kids alone), he also cleans out the rabbit cage every other week (we take turns), and sometimes helps with laundry or dishes (very sparingly). I do agree with you, if you are working, you shouldn't be doing everything in the house as well. Heck even when I am not working my husband still has to give kids baths on his nights off. That is not a chore, that is spending time with kids.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 12:07 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• My husband does it ALL! He works from home so he's basically the house husband. Damn good one too, lol
    I'm very spoiled!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• He cleans out the guinea pig cages once a week and washes dishes. That's about it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• He works a job, outside the home. I work a job, inside the home. When he comes home, we both take care of the kids, laundry, cleaning, cooking. Some nights one more than the other.
    During the day, I'm making calls, setting appointments for my kids, grocery shopping, cleaning, yard work, organizing the household.....
    I get up at night with the kids (they get up often) when they are sick and when they're not...potty trips etc. so my husband gets enough sleep to be able to function at work. At home I have the opportunity to catch up on a little bit of sleep that I miss at night.
    There are times where one or both of us feel like we're not contributing and we reel each other back in :) We are both hard working, we both are parents to our children, this is both our home, and we help each other out because we want to and because it's our responsibility. Period.
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 12:37 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• We've got a fairly traditional division of labor, but I think it's equal. I do all of the cooking, shopping, cleaning and bill paying, he takes care of the cars (keeps them gassed, maintenance, repair and cleaning) he takes care of the yard, home repair and maintenance, and helps with any heavy cleaning.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I'm spoiled too. My dh does a ton. He's the yard guy, the laundry lady, the dish washer, garbage man, kid tutor, kitchen cleaner, general picker upper. SO lucky.

I am the chef, duster, vacuumer, and bathroom attendant. the tub sucks but...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:38 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• He cooks. Nothing else.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:54 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I'm a SAHM so I do most, but even so he occasionally cooks, does dishes 2-3 times/week, does most of his laundry, helps pick up and does all outside work.

Answer by missanc at 6:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I believe the same thing. But my DH does not do much around the house. Kids are adults now , so I do not have to worry about that.
    Sense he refuses to help with house chores. I told him this. Do not complain about anything being dirty in the house. He doesn't either. Cause if he did I would just tell him . You have two hands. Clean it your self. That is why I stopped washing his cloths and cooking so much. He won't help.

Answer by louise2 at 8:14 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Nothing
    The poor guy works his ass off 60 hrs a week
    He helps by not MAKING messes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:26 AM on Nov. 1, 2013