Sooo nervous :(

im suppose to have a physical today, the first one in like 4 years. the last time i was checked out was when i was pregnant with my youngest. im just so scared that they're going to find something wrong. not to mention i get white coat hypertension and my blood pressure/pulse are going to be through the roof. ahhh!!! :( no question just venting. ill post the results later

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:55 AM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Health

• Why are you scared they are going to find something wrong? Do you feel like something is? If not, don't borrow trouble.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:00 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Sounds fun! Relax and have any concerns written down. I always forget something important when I see a doctor.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:02 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• yeah, i have severe anxiety and it causes me to feel crappy all the time.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:03 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• ah, well try to be positive about it if you can that will make things go smoother!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:09 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Try some deep breathing...you're a healthy young woman. It's unlikely that they are gonna find something wrong with you. Keep telling yourself that. Do you have any concerns that you wanted to have checked out? GL
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Tell them when you get there how stressed out you are. It will help break the tension. And make sure you ask plenty of questions if you need to. GL!
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 9:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• thank you! ill try to stay calm.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:35 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Whenever I was nervous about a medical procedure, I would take a deep breath & say to myself "by this time tomorrow it will all be over." Then focus on something else like what you have planned fun with the kids or where you need to shop for fun things or think about a great vacation you had. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:25 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• you really are going to be fine, hang in there
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 12:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Practice going to the happy place to control your BP. Write down notes on what you want to talk to the doctor about. Be sure they do a full blood screening work up vitamin deficiencies etc. Good luck all will be well.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2013