Jelly Belly CEO financing movement to strip GLBT students of their rights

http://www.frontiersla.com/frontiers-blog/2013/10/22/jelly-belly-candy-chair-and-new-york-hedge-fund-manager-underwriting-anti-trans-student-initiative

Wonder if it bothers him when GLBT students eat jelly beans?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:49 AM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• But .... But... I love Jelly Bellies, and now I can't in good conscience buy/eat them anymore :(
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:10 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• First Barilla, and now Jelly Bellys. Why can't these jerks just make products and keep their personal politics to themselves? :P
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:23 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Eh, I didn't really like Jelly Bellies much anyway.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

My husband is going to struggle with this one, jelly beans are his crack.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• "jelly beans are his crack."

Ours too

In high school we were involved in a program where we went to the college campus the next town over once a week (we'd spend almost all summer on campus, too), and we'd get a 6 dollar stipend, and we'd spend it on HUGE bags full of Jellie Bellies from the student center and pig out on them, lol.

We even had a game where we'd pass the bag around on the way home, when it would be dark, and take one and eat it and have to guess the flavor, lol. That way you had no idea if you were going to get a gross one or not.

So this news.... yeah, boo :(
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• "My husband is going to struggle with this one, jelly beans are his crack. "

Well that sucks. Why do these CEO's have to ruin things for people by being ignorant fools?
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• There are better beans than JB's.

Try Marich and Jelly Bean Planet. Theirs are really good, and no artificial colors, flavors.  Jelly Bean Planet also advertises that theirs are non GMO as well.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Now see if it would have been Snickers, I would have the will power to throw them in the trash.
    I never purchased Jelly Belly, and now I never will!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• So tell me again why it's ok for one company to say they support GLBT and not ok for another to say they don't support them?
    Anonymous

• This is what I do not understand, if an icon comes out for something, say in support of GLBT and has a fund raising concert That is wonderful, but if one were to do the same opposing GLBT they have no right to do so.
    If someone is interviewed and says they are pro GLBT they have freedom of speech and the freedom to support whatever they want.
    If a person is interviewed opposing GLBT then he should keep it to himself and be boycotted.

I think people should have the same rights and that includes opposing something that I support. This is not what I see when I listen to all of you.
    Certainly you have the right to throw you support (money, spending cash) where ever you want and for what ever reason you choose.. So does every one else. Boycotts rarely work in the marketplace because you really are putting the name out into the minds of more and more people. Many will buy because they remember the name and that is a
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2013