Career question....need help!!

Here is my situation. I have been a social worker for 18 years, i have a bachelors. I was laid off in April and have had no luck finding work. I have gone on several interviews with no luck. I think partly i have had no luck because of my experience, nobody wants to pay me a decent salary, so they are not calling me back. I am currently receiving unemployment benefits, and the state would pay for me to go to school. I just don't know what to go into. I know the medical field is great and booming right now. My problem is i can't work with blood, or anything like that, i am very very queezy. I faint when my kids have a splinter. I would like to do something in that field as long as it doesn't involve having to actually see patients. For example billing or coding, or anything like that. Can someone guide me and tell me what is a good field?? I appreciate any help.

Before anyone asks. They would not pay for me to get my Masters in SW because they only pay for you to get training in something else besides the education you already have.

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• Go into business, start a daycare, do social work in a hospital or nursing home, foster parent, billing and coding is hard....dental front office help??? Well wishea.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 5:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/mobile/home.htm

That site should give you a wealth of info on healthcare related fields. GL
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• If I were going back to school it would be for my chemistry degree, but I live in an area with tons of pharmaceutical companies, more moving here, and they're always hiring. Research what hot locally, think about what type of companies are in your area.

Answer by missanc at 12:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Ultrasound/Radiology tech

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• medical billing and coding?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• can't you be a medical assistant with no blood? Or a CNA, helping elderly or disabled. Otherwise, technology?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Technically inclined?? Writers of Java script are in high demand.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2013