Freezing the Halloween candy?

I bought way too much Halloween candy, will freezing it make the chocolate turn funny colors? I need to get this out of my house, or I am going to be a fat toad!
I thought about donating it to our school's food bank, but will probably get the tsk, tsk, because it isn't healthy, I begged my husband to take it to work, he declined!
I have 8 bags of snickers, and have already eaten 3 candy bars, pms, halloween, and bags of candy are ruining my willpower, LOL!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:47 AM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• If you don't have a vacuum sealer, do the budget vacuum seal - put the candy in a freezer bag, fill your sink with water, lower the bag into the water until it comes up to the ziplock line, seal it, then take it out of the water. The only thing that will mess it up is extra air - the less air you have with it, the less damage. Also, if it's candy that has a lot of air in the wrappers (if you press on it gently you can tell the wrapper isn't touching the candy), poke a tiny hole at the end to let the air out first.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Oh! I hear ya! I suspect my ass will grow 3 sizes by next month! I'll bump you since I need help with this one too! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:50 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I freeze snickers all the time cause I like them better that way!

Answer by missanc at 11:51 AM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I have a big bag of candy as well. I think I'm going to donate it to the teacher's lounge. It might not get high marks for a food drive, but I bet the teacher's won't turn it away.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• BTW, chocolate does well in cooler temps, but I don't know about long term freezing. However when it gets over a certain degree it starts to separate and then it gets like that chalky film on it. That means that it has gotten too warm and separated.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• You can "donate" any Snickers or PB cups to me :P

Yes, you can freeze the candy. I actually prefer my chocolate frozen.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• BTW, I've never had chocolate turn weird colors after being frozen/thawed, unless it was for a REALLY long time, and then its freezer burnt and doesn't taste very good anyway. A couple months shouldn't hurt it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• The chocolate will turn white on the outside when you freeze it.... that has to do with condensation on the surface of the chocolate when you defrost it.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Yes to out of the big bag.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Missanic I eat frozen snickers sometimes, but if you let them thaw, does the chocolate turn weird? I was thinking about saving them for our Christmas party at school, but don't want to have grey chocolate.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 11:52 AM on Nov. 1, 2013