Strange eating habits of my pets

The parakeets have 3 seed feeders,and 1 for water. Apparently they've picked their favorite and will only eat out of theirs. My 1 boy,Petey wasn't looking so hot a few weeks back and I didn't know why. I figured it out. "His" feeder was out of food,and instead of eating out of one of the other 2,he just wasn't eating. Derp!
My cats have a self feeder food/water dish as well. If the food one gets to the halfway mark,they will gorge themselves and finish it off in one day's time,then cry like they're starving to death.

Do your pets have weird food issues?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 2:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Pets

• LOL! That is too funny! The only odd thing about my bird is that he eats yellow American cheese everyday & loves scrambled eggs & mashed potatoes! :) He just turned 20!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• When our dog was alive he would scarf down his food in less than 30 seconds. Two cups in half a minute. Then he would drink water (more like stick his snout in the water bowl and then somehow get it ALL OVER the laundry room, then while his tongue was still wet from water he would lick his food bowl again to get all of the little crumbs. His bowl was always clean. Even when he was sick. Crazy dog.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• My cats eat til they puke then meow for more. Neither will drink out of a water dish, they go outside and drink out of dirty puddles instead.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Yup.
    I have two Bostons. The female steps on the bowl so the food is on the ground. The hardest to get to she has to have so if a pellet of kibble goes under the couch she will kill herself to eat that one first. The boy has to have a bite before he does anything. Someone comes to visit he stands and barks for a pet and runs to get a bite. You want to go outside. Yes but wait until I get a bite first. etc. Silly dogs.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I have 3 cats. Samoa(the disabled kitty) will try and wait it out until we give her something better(wet food etc) and attempts to steal my food off my plate.

Marbles will eat anything, whether it is edible or not...she tries and eat balloons, plastic pieces, shreds of carpet that come off the cat tree...and will eat any food she finds.

Jinxy has to have food in the food bowl, she won't want to eat just likes to see it in there and not empty, she also likes to tip over the water dish. I had a jug type water dish but she would head but it to make it gurgle and spill so I switched to a bowl, she still tips it over(and the liter box).
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2013