Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Twisted my ankle and...

Ok a couple days ago I twisted my ankle and heard a loud crack I thought for sure I broke it. It didnt hurt that bad so I got up and continued on my way. I could walk on it without unbearable pain but at the end of the day, it hurts. Well today, it feels like something is pulling on the side of my ankle and it's getting all tingly and numb. I kinda feels like the bone is out of place or my ankles swollen or something. Also, the top of my foot is bruised. I think I'm going to go to the ER if it continues but I wanted to get some opinions first. Do yall think it would be a waste of time?? I mean, I am able to walk on it but it's starting to get a lil uncomfortable.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Health

Answers (9)
  • If you have an urgent care that is where I would go. This isn't an ER situation. Only doctors will be able to tell you what is going on

    Answer by Daigen at 3:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

  • when i broke my ankle i walked on it all day at school. when i got home it looked like i had an egg under my skin where my ankle should be and it was infact broken. i agree with above you need to see a doctor

    Answer by tnm786 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

  • I wasnt put on my husband's insurance for some reason, only he was. I will have to go to the ER if I go anywhere.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

  • When I broke my ankle, I did it so badly (broken in 2 places, tore tendons and ligaments) that I couldn't walk on it. But they told me that often, people can walk on a broken ankle. You heard a crack, so I'd be heading to the doctor. That sounds to me like you broke it, or at least did some damage that needs to be looked at by a doctor.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 3:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

  • Anywhere will see you without insurance. They cannot turn you away for that. An urgent care will be less expensive. Something is definitely wrong if you heard a loud pop.

    Answer by staciandababy at 3:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

  • Can you husband add you to his insurance? I would have addressed that one the minute I found out, you had better go to the ER, and prepare for a bill.

    Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

  • An Urgent Care is a better idea. Most of them can do x-rays and it will be a whole lot quicker and less expensive than the ER. Not to mention you will likely be exposed to less serious illnesses at an urgent care.


    Answer by QuinnMae at 4:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

  • RICE.... Rest ice compression and elevation... You need the X-ray to rule put the fx for sure!! Get some compression on it right away!!! It's more important than ice to reduce the swelling!!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

  • **out... not put... stupid touch screen on the iPad

    Answer by Crafty26 at 7:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Physical results