Crabby little girl WON'T take a nap!!!

She's 2, extremely crabby, and I wanna rip my hair out! I put her down for a nap in her room, but 5 minutes later I hear her open the door, getting into stuff etc. I go up there, put her back in her bed and leave, but she keeps getting up! I've tried putting her down on the couch, but there's just too much commotion down here. If she doesn't get a nap im in for one hell of a day LOL. But seriously, any suggestions here??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A car ride? Holding and rocking? A movie?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Take her for a car ride or put her in a stroller & go for a walk around the block. Even a little cat nap works wonders. GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• A whole bottle of Nyquil.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• That's when I'd take a toddler for a ride in the car.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Our two gave up their naps at this age. Took a few days for us all to adjust.......even with them falling asleep in their dinner plate a couple of times....
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I just want to let you know my dd stoped napping at around 2 she just hates sleep, so mommy invented quiet time. This is when everything gets shut down in the house and you just lay down and read or watch a show on very low volume. It would work she never fell asleep but after quiet time she would be ready for the rest of the day. Good luck
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• My kids all stopped napping at 2. She's in a transitional stage. You can't force her to sleep, but you can have quiet time and have her watch a movie. Her body will get used to not sleeping. She'll probably go to bed earlier at night.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:57 AM on Nov. 2, 2013

• so suggesting you overdose your child is not a reportable or poofable offense. interesting. I suggest the quiet time already mentioned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Nov. 3, 2013