Made an appointment with the doctor, but wonder what this could be?

On and off for about 3 months my youngest complains of lower stomach pain, yesterday he vomited and I had to come and get him. Today he vomited again, and had to go and get him.
He has not had too much candy, and I don't think it is reflux, bowel movements are normal and at least daily.
I would have made an appointment before this, but it would be a complaint, then it was fine the next day. No fever, no tenderness.
I am going to ask they do an ultrasound just to make sure everything checks out, I was thinking some kind of hernia? The past 2 days are the only time he has thrown up in conjunction with the pain, right above his groin area in the middle.

Forgot to add this started about the same time they put him on Zyrtec for allergies, think it is related?

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Kids' Health

• If the problem started to present at the same time as when he started the Zyrtec, then it could be related. Here is a site that shows the percentages of reported side effects (also breaks it by age if you scroll down if he is under 12 years old). Abdominal pain was one of them, so it wouldn't be surprising if it is linked to the Zyrtec.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• It might be. I'm no doctor though. Good that you've already got the appointment made.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Stop giving him the pills. See if that is the problem. Why insist on a scan? Scan what? Let the doctor decide that?

Answer by louise2 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Lousie because about 2 years ago, he complained of the same kind of pain, I just want to be sure that nothing is weird before the year comes to an end. We have met our deductible, and think I am being pro-active asking for it, I am not going to give him Zyrtec until the doctor's appointment, but feel it is better safe than sorry.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Comment by 2kids2dogs2cats (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2013