How do you store your...

flour, sugar, brown sugar, powder sugar, etc....?

girliemom0406

Asked by girliemom0406 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Food saver containers.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• When it comes home, it goes in the freezer for 3 days, then it stays in the bag until it's opened. Flour goes in a giant canister after it's opened, the rest stay in their bags. The freezing ensures it will never go buggy.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I do the exact same as the previous poster. I use most of those things in bulk so I keep them frozen in batches. I don't use powdered sugar so I don't have a storage issue with that
    Daigen

Answer by Daigen at 6:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I also freeze mine, but I put the sealed bag directly into sealed Tupperware until it's open, then pour it into the Tupperware. I prefer to keep it in the freezer if I have space.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Flour is in a glass container with a lid on it and sugar is in a plastice container with a lid on it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Flour and Sugar are in canisters with silicone seals, and the extra (what doesn't fit in the canisters) are in the freezer. Brown sugar and powdered sugar I just keep in the bags in a cabinet with a twist-tie on them after opening; we've never had a problem with them.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• flour & sugar are in silicone sealed containers (we've had meal moths but our flour was/stayed clean). brown sugar stays in the ziptop bag it comes in and powdered sugar (which only gets used in Dec) just goes in a gallon ziptop bag.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2013