How many children is enough, how many pets is enough?

What would you say to someone who has 5 children (2 newborn twins) and 7 pets? Husband wants a vasectomy and the agreement of no more animals. Wife is thinking of leaving because she just loves babies?

This isn't for me, but a spin off from a post I saw!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• what you can afford is my motto--for us it was 2 kids-2 pets(cats) that's all folks
    girliemom0406

Answer by girliemom0406 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• For me,1 is plenty for kids
    Pets- 5 is our limit. 3 cats and 2 parakeets
    I guess if that woman cares more for procreating than her marriage,that's sad

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• It think it's different for everyone, but after 5 if one of you wants to call it a night it seems reasonable to agree.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 7:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I think that's up for each individual couple to decide. It's sad that the woman you speak of would be more willing to leave her husband than to come to an agreement after five children.

I am pregnant with my second and for me...that seemed like enough but my SO wants more kids so we talked about it and agreed to have one more. It's about compromise.

As for pets...0 is good for me.
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• 2 kids is plenty for me personally, along with 2 pets.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• Five is way too many for me. I would have been good at 0. Of course, I wouldn't give up a single one of them now that I do have them and will fight to the death for them.

As for pets, as well, 0 is just fine.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• For us 3 kids was plenty, and 1 pet at a time.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I think like everything else this should have been talked about before marriage. It certainly should be talked about during marriage and decided between the couple. For me that is enough. For them, maybe nt. I do think they ought to get a little counseling because it would seem that they do not know how to talk to each other and compromise.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• I have 2 kids(enough for me)
    Had 3 Chihuahuas at on time. (2 to many I found out .

Answer by louise2 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• well it all depends on the couple. for me 1 pet is too many, but i compromised for DH who would have 10 dogs if i let him (we have 1 dog). id love to have 5 kids, but DH only wanted one of each...plus thats what we can afford, so we've got 2.

sounds like they need to have a deep conversation. id be on the husbands side and she sounds a little crazy...threatening to leave over something so small when you have so many children and pets to begin with? i mean, damn lady...volunteer to hold crack babies or something!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2013