Would you?

First off there is no legal custody agreement. Would you let your kids go to their dads if the girl he is with lost custody of her kid for being proven an unfit parent?
I'm not sending my kids but their dad thinks this is unfair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• Get a legal agreement.
    Then you won't have to have these discussions anymore.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Does she live there? Do you trust him?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:11 AM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Only if I knew he was their all the time the kids where their. I would inform him, her problem with her kids is a problem whith me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 AM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Well, first of all, I'd go get a legal agreement. But no, I wouldn't. My ex chooses not to be involved with our kids, and his girlfriend/fiancee/whatever she is doesn't have custody of her kid. If he chose to start exercising his right to see the kids, he'd be told very plainly that she is NOT welcome (his visits are supervised, by me and/or my parents) because if she can't manage to keep custody of her own kid, there's no way I want her around mine. Of course, I also have it written into my agreement that he is not to bring anyone other than family (specified to be my children's grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, or siblings that share blood) to the visits, so I can definitely get away with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Only if i knew she wouldnt be around! but if she was then absolutely not!
    akashe

Answer by akashe at 12:41 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Nope. I would have it mentioned in the legal agreement I would then draw up.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Like everyone has said, I would have something legally drawn stating that significant others cannot be around during visitation. But, in the meantime, probably no. If he doesn't think there is anything wrong with someone being proven unfit as a parent and doesn't understand your concern, I would be seriously questioning his decisions as a parent. Besides, I don't think bfs/ gfs have any business meeting the kids until the relationship is actually leading to marriage. I would though, for the sake of the kids, agree to meet him somewhere so the kids could see him so they weren't punished for his stupidity.
    WhyPiggy

Answer by WhyPiggy at 2:15 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Nope Nope Nope
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 5, 2013