help my adopted 5 yr old daughter screams like she is being killed every time she dont get her way. she hits, kicks me making buises on me. now sheis hurting kids on the bus.

donnalou6462

Asked by donnalou6462 at 10:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• what was her life like before you adopted her? having no knowledge of your or her situations, you may want to check into reactive attachment disorder (RAD). its common with children who were in orphanages or very large foster homes as toddlers. either way, i think some therapy may be in order just to make sure she doesnt have anger issues.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2013

• And how do you respond to this?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Discipline. And theropy

Answer by louise2 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Therapy for her, family counseling and a psychological evaluation would be a wise direction to head.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2013

• There is so much left out of this that would take too much time for you to explain. Such as how old was she when placed with you? What were the circumstances of her previous placements, if any? What leads up to these meltdowns, and as other moms have pointed out, how do you respond to them? My suggestion would be to first talk to her pediatrician to see if you can get a referral for a developmental psychotherapist and go from there. After an initial assessment that therapist should be able to better guide you in what resources and professionals are best suited for you, your daughter and your family.
    Anonymous

• Now I'm beginning to think some of these ladies are just making up these questions... Duh!
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 9:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2013