• In the Spotlight:

Ok--so who told me son....

Ok---so I just want to know, who told my son that if he wasn't constantly touching his peepee that it would fall off?
He is working on potty training and insists on wearing big boy underwear, but he is constantly grabbing himself! :-)

NewMommyin06

Asked by NewMommyin06 at 4:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep, trapped in a diaper and now the wee wee is free free. Mine did that too, initially. I told him that it won't fall off, to which he told me, "It's fun."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have heard of kids that early making up stories like that just so they can keep doing it...
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• lol i woundered the same thing when my son was little and potty training. he was always touching himself it was like someone had told him it was going to fall off.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• He has never said that someone told him that....it just seems like that what he has in his head. I am constantly asking him do you have to go potty?? and he just says no and goes on his marry way.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• lol my son isn't even potty training yet and if we take his diaper off he'll do nothing but try to grab himself. If we let him go without a diaper for awhile he'll sit down and poke himself and then giggle.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 4:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• lol thats kinda funny!
    Anonymous

• oh ok. i was thinking he said someone told him that. My mom always told me that boys are boys and they feel what any boys feel. He is probably already figuring out that it feels different or that it just feels weird
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 4:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It's just that his little pee pee has been trapped in a diaper for his whole life, so it's a new thing to explore. Remember when he was a baby and he discovered his fingers and toes? Same thing. He never had access before.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 5:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• haha..the joys of raising boys. I love how you worded your question. If it feels good, humans do it. When I worked in Daycare/Pre-School we had to tell the young boys "Private parts are for private times." That way, they know that it is not bad to explore, but it is only appropriate behind closed doors.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 5:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Thats a good one jenellemarie! I will have to remember that as he is starting preschool in the fall.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2009