What is wrong with my 4 year old son?

We have spoken with his doc and are getting him in monday morning, so that's underway.

For maybe a month or so he has been complaining here and there about tummy aches. At first we thought he was adjusting to preschool or just wanted to play instead of sit and eat. Well then he didn't want to eat dinner, and if he did he would only eat a little, even if it was something he liked. Within half an hour he was usually pale green and on the toilet with diarrhea. This soon became an an every day occurrence, only once a day. We started paying more attention at this point. Last week he started to have tummy pain more often, even at school. He will have normal stools, not always diarrhea unless he is is feeling sik at the time. It comes and goes, he still plays and is active and acts totally normal. Seems like it usually comes on after eating. It can be anything. We are logging what he eats now. On Halloween he puked after lunch (apple, chicken sandwich, pumpkin muffin)(waffles for breakfast) and then the same happened yesterday ( school.unchhe only wanted milk applesauce and crackers). Today he was great after eating chex for breakfast, but then we grabbed some McDonald's at lunch (I know, bad choice).. He had a mcgriddle, and it has wiped him out! No pukebut stomache pain so bad he cried til he fell asleep.

I'm thinking gluten? Anyone else have ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Or the beginning of an appendicitis.....

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:46 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• well, if he had chex for breakfast today and was fine- then I wouldn't think it's a gluten thing?

whatever it is, I hope they figure it out
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:47 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• bladder infections that get bad can cause stomach pain diarrhea and fevers , yes little boys get them too hope the doc can figure it out hope he feels better ...
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 5:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Ulcer

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• My first thought was reflux honestly.
    Anonymous

• Chex are gluten free, so it could be. But it could be a ton of other things. My first thought was reflux, too. I hope the doctor has some helpful ideas for you. Keeping a food journal is a very good place to start.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Food allergy.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:09 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Poor baby. I hope it's something easily solved....
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 6, 2013