Memory Foam Mattress Toppers

Have any of you bought one? Do you like it? I'm thinking about getting one to try and ease my back pain, and my boyfriend also has back pain. I'm just wondering if it's a good investment.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:07 PM on Nov. 2, 2013 in Shopping

• We have one. It does get pretty warm but hasn't been unbearable (but we recently got it and the weather has been cooler at night so not sure how bad it would be in the summer). It's definitely not hard though! Ours is about 2 inches thick. I love the way I sink into it but still have support, unlike a pillowtop mattress. I don't know about back pain, but it might help if your pain stems from a unsupportive mattress. I have shoulder pain from being a side sleeper, and I can't say this topper helps, but it's still comfortable otherwise.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 5:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• If you have back pain...NO! I have a memory foam mattress and the mattress topper. BIG MISTAKE! These things are so darn hard. I had to buy a body pillow just to be able to sleep on it. Also, it's HOT!! I would definitely NOT recommend these things to anyone.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:14 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• I have one... Love it! It helped with hip pain b/c I'm a side sleeper. And, it is HOT, HOT, HOT!!! But I like that. Back pain is better treated with core strengthening exercises and not a softer mattress!!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• I LOVE mine. It's so swishy and great. It was expensive but so worth it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• I LOVED mine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2013

• Yes I have, and I ended up buying a memory foam mattress because I liked it so much...totally worth it.

Answer by older at 9:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I don't like them.
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 9:33 PM on Nov. 5, 2013