?? FOR SAHM'S ??

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A SAHM?
DO YOU LIKE BEING A SAHM OR WOULD YOU RATHER BE WORKING?
DO YOU HAVE ALOT OF FRIENDS?
HOW MANY CHILDREN DO YOU HAVE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'VE BEEN A SAHM FOR 9YRS AND I WISH I WAS WORKING CAUSE ITS BORING BEING STUCK AT HOME ALL DAY!! I FEEL LIKE I HAVE NO DAM LIFE! YOU TEND TO LOSE YOURSELF. I HAVE ABOUT 1 FRIEND NEAR ME AND 2 THAT LIVE OUT OF STATE. I HAVE 4 CHILDREN 2 IN SCHOOL AND 2 AT HOME. UGH!! MOMMY NEEDS ABREAK!!
    Anonymous

• I have been a sahm for 5 years.

I love it but miss work too.

No friends.

3 kids.

Anonymous

• I have been a stay at home mom since may of last year. My daughter was born in july. I do love being home with her and I wouldnt trade it for the world! I would like to work at night just to help us out financially, but the way the economy is, trying to get a job is near impossible. I do not have many friends, atleast where we live. We moved right before DD was born about an hour away from all of my friends and family. It gets very lonely out here, and I cant wait to move back to be closer to my friends that are also SAHM
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have been a SAHM since I was pregnant with my daughter who will be 3 in May, and I am currently pregnant with number 2. I love being home with my daughter. I still have the same friends and have made more since joining playgroups. The ones I see the most are the playgroups ones though, but still keep in regular contact with my single no-children friends.
    Anonymous

• I have been a stay at home mom for almost a year now. I have 2 kids under the age of 2. They keep me very busy plus I babysit one more. I do have friends that I see frequently. I totally love being home with my boys all day. I make sure to get out at night even if it's to walk around Target. It gives me the fresh air I need. I do not regret being home with my boys. They are my life and I would not want someone else caring for them all day. It works for me and my family and I am so happy it does!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 4:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i've been a STAHM for about 7 or 8 years, i like being a STAHM better then working my butt off for an income thats not worth it, i do not have have alot of friends, nope, one from high school and maybe one or two around.

i have 4 kids
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i have been a stay at home mom for 2 years, i have one child, I have 7 close friends who visit regularly. and no i would not rather be working, no amount of money is worth being away from my daughter
    Anonymous

• I am a stay at home mom. I work about 20 hours a week to help us out financially. I love it. I also enjoy work b/c I get to talk to adults as well. I do have friends. I just found a couple playgroups in our area that get me out of the house. I have one child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i have been a sahm since my husband joined the marines which was in Feb./08. I want to work im not the kind of person who can sit at home all day i have always had a job since i was 16 and at times i was working 2 jobs at once. i do enjoy being around my kids. i have one friend here and alot of friends in another state. i have 2 kids both are not in school yet im trying to get them into daycare so i can get a job and start school but the waiting list on this base is so long. Since i have been a stay at home mom i have really let myself go i hate it. Ive gained weight i dont really do my make up anymore unless we go out. And I just kinda chill in comfortable clothes now like sweats.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 4:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I quit my job months before my oldest was even born so I've been a SAHM for 9 years now. I have 4 kids, 3 in school and 1 at home (ages 8, 7, 6 and almost 3). There are days I hate being home all the time but I really don't want to work. It was stressful enough when I was taking care of just me. I've only got 1 friend in real life. All my other friends are online. But I like it that way. I'm a loner by nature and don't want to have a million friends.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2009