Spotting between periods post pregnancy?

My daughter is 3 mnths. old and my period was aprox. 2 wks. ago. Now I'm having some brownish pink mucous discharge and cramps. I've also had some twinges of pain around my ovaries and below my belly button. Plus I had fertile mucous a lot sooner than I expected, only a few days after my period. Normally I get that about a week before my period. add in the fact that I had unprotected sex with my husband the week after my period, and you guessed it, now I'm worried about being pregnant again. I thought perhaps it was fertile mucous but wasn't sure and only noticed after the fact, so I monitered over the next few days and the egg white type mucous stopped, so I'm guessing it was fertile mucous. I'm not breastfeeing, lochia flow stopped at 6 wks. and I'm just wondering if it's normal to spot like this. And it's a very small amount of discharge.

maggiebear

Asked by maggiebear at 4:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Health

• it is normal! i had my DD in july and my period is still messed up!! im also not BFing. i did for the first three months, but stopped after that. It will take your body a while to regulate itself again
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2009