How in the hell can one kid do this a baby? Is this even possible?!? **warning** adult content

Photo: Today.. I have faced two very sad situations!  The first one ... With my coworker. She received a call from her daycare, saying there had been an accident!  She has a beautiful 4 month old little boy!   He's without doubt, the happiest baby ever!  They informed her he had been scratched by another child!  And she might want to come check him out!  Here's what she found!  After he'd been cleaned up!

I saw this on my FB page. To me it looks like small dog bites. What do you think? I read some other kids did this damage at a day care.

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I can see one child doing this in a matter of seconds to another child. It doesn't mean the day care staff wasn't supervising. The kids are playing and one falls down. You bend down to help them and another child goes balistic on another child. It's over in seconds but they can leave serious cuts & bruises behind. How long does it take a dog to leave marks like this on a child...just a few seconds.

I would want to get to the bottom of it very quickly and make sure the other child is no longer around mine but if this was from another child chances are they have mental issues and you're not allowed to discriminate against them. If I wasn't sure if it was the day cares fault or not THEN I would proceed to call in the police. If they placed the child in a room with another child that they KNEW was violent then it was their fault. To many things to just flat out judge them without more info from the parent.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Why would you even post this pic? Is that your child? Would you want someone reposting a pic of your kid like this??
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I have to agree with Crafty. Why are you putting this picture of a child you do not know on a social network site!
    I find it disrespectful to the family of this child.
    You don't know the TRUE story, you're just running with FB gossip!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:12 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• This isn't TMI... it's grossly inappropriate of you to post.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:13 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I could see it happening if there was a toy involved plus the one of the right looks a little like a fingernail made it.

Perhaps it wasn't a child but an adult that did it(always a possiblity).

Either way I wouldn't be sending my child back there.. 1: if an adult did it the reason is obvious and 2: if a child did it then it wasn't just a hit once type of thing so in my opinion there had to be a lack of supervision.

I also agree with Crafty unless this picture was posted "public" on facebook it is an invasion of the families privacy.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Normally I'd agree with you all but I saw this on my FB as well...it has pretty much gone viral so I see no need to jump her throat about it. People have been spreading this around numerous social network sites because the mother posted it on facebook to raise awareness about what happened to her child...I see nothing wrong with it being posted here for conversation...
    collegexmamix28

Answer by collegexmamix28 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I didn't force you to come back and say something again.

Hum... no... you addressed me by name. If you are really that clueless as to why this is not appropriate for you to post let me troll your FB for pics of your kids, and I"ll post a few here for all to see. I'll make a few comments to go with it.... then maybe you'll get it. I'm sure your "friend" would be thrilled to see how you've exploited her kid here.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I do agree with them. If this is not your child and just someone's status on facebook I don't agree with posting it on cafemom.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:42 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Well if it is to raise awareness, don't you think it would have been a good idea to post more info right from the start... in the body of the question? smh
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

One would think!!! I have yet to see this pic on FB... Unfortunately this particular poster has a reputation for being batshit crazy and posting a pic that is not in the public domain would not be a stretch.... But if that is truly the case I withdraw my objection.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:06 AM on Nov. 3, 2013