Ok this is seriously weird (heaters again)

so if you didn't see my post from the other night, our heaters quit working and my manager came over and found that the circuit was out so he turn it on and all was well.
Except I realized that our rooms were getting warmer than normal, even when the thermostat was set lower than normal. Our apartment as a whole felt warmer today and I thought maybe it's because it's not as cold out.
When we got home this evening it was so warm in my bedroom I checked the heater and it was heating the room, even though the thermostat was off.... I had to turn all the heat off by the circuit breaker. How weird is that?? have you ever heard of this happening? I'm going to keep it turned off until I can call my manager on Monday.

AllyB_

Asked by AllyB_ at 1:46 AM on Nov. 3, 2013 in Home & Garden

• We rented a house once were the living room base board wold never go off. We finally cut it off from the breaker and just used a space heater in that room. something is probably wrong with it.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• The thermostat must be shot. Who pays the heating bill? That's going to cost a bundle & it's also a fire hazard that's why the breaker flipped. Be careful!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:20 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• There might be problems with the wiring and/or the thermostat is broken. Especially since you heard a pop the other day (right?) Make them get to the bottom of it. Remind them wiring problems can be very serious. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:23 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Your apartment complex doesn't have an after hours maintenance number?
    Daigen

Answer by Daigen at 10:58 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• It could be the thermostat, it could also be set on the ON part and not the Auto part, check the bottom of the thermostat there should be a switch/button that says ON/Auto/Off, make sure it is set to auto.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I read your other post. I'd SERIOUSLY be worried about a short circuit in the walls.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Maybe there was something already breaking when you called the manager, and now it's normal? Or it's a bigger problem. I'm guessing you're renting - such is life when you don't own your house! Our heat SUCKS!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2013

• ok
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 8, 2013