Sex is so painful! 8 months pregnant.. adult content

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and in the last week or so sex has started feeling different. About a week ago it felt like my cervix was lower or something and I felt tighter. We started using lube (we never needed it before) and it felt better for a bit but now it's almost unbearable to have sex! This started with two nights ago...it was painful but not awful and I still got off but tonight we tried and I couldn't even finish...I had to stop and perform oral instead. It felt like there was a knife cutting into my cervix!

This is my second pregnancy and I didn't have this issue the first time around...I was having sex the day before delivery with no discomfort. So my question is; is this normal? and is there anything I can do to help with this? I love sex lol and I don't want to give it up but I obviously don't want to be writhing in pain when I'm doing it...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Talk to your doctor about it.
    Discomfort with a big belly or awkward positioning is one thing, pain is not.
    Pain during sex is always a red flag.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:30 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Talk to your doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Can't help you. I wasn't allowed to have sex during pregnancy. Here's a bump for you though in case someone else can help
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:24 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• okay, this might be TMI, but with my second pregnancy, my lady parts swelled up alot more than the first might, and it caused a little discomfot....but my belly got so big i gave up on sex the last 4 weeks of pregnancy lol
    akashe

Answer by akashe at 11:50 AM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I am sure your cervix is just lower this time, but I can't imagine wanting to have sex this close to delivery! You are a trooper!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• If it is painful stop doing it.
    You should be seeing your doctor every week now. I would bring it up.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:38 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I don't see my doctor for another 2 weeks...they do weekly visits after 36 weeks.

2kids2dogs2cats - LOL I had sex my entire first pregnancy...we had sex every day for the last 4 weeks actually...I had sex the day before I delivered.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Yes and No.
    You should go and see your doc.
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2013