Very personal question but going to ask it anyways.

First of all we have cable, the internet and My 14 yr old son has his own ps3 in his room and we have strict parental controls on all of it.We shut it all down about 8 in the evenings before bed time. My husband does have any porno or any nasty mag.He has had the birds and bees talks with them more then once.2 son's 14 and 17. The question I have caught my 14 yr old masturbating more then once.Walked in on him taking a bath door was not locked and one weekend when he slept on the couch, got up for some water and to my surprise he was then.I didn't know how to react. I have heard and read so much about this..I know he is curious and hormones are I guess raging but why in places he could get seen? I'm wandering if nowdays if someone has done something to him or is this just the norm for a boy? What would you do? Also does anyone beleive or know whether their spouse or bf ever does it even married or with someone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I do not have a teenage son but I do have a child psychology degree. Children at that age aren't always that bright when it comes to these things. They just do things on a whim and do they not think about someone walking in all the time. Eventually, after people keel catching him, we will learn to lock doors. He is going to do it, you cannot stop it. It's natural.
    Anonymous

• its totally normal!!! as far as him doing it where he can get caught, boys just dont think things through lol. hes not trying to get caught or anything if thats what you think. He's just not thinking it out!! My DH still masturbates sometimes and it doesnt bother me at all!! I actually prefer him too bc if we dont have sex for a long time and he doesnt pleasure himself he'll be done in two minutes lol. so id rather him pleasure himself to keep his tolerance up. but dont worry!! hes a totally normal teenage boy!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 4:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• They all do it!!! If they don't (especially teen boys) they WILL have wet dreams. They're body physically has to release. I would have a talk with your son (or have your husband do it) about where and when are appropriate times. In bed with his door locked, in the shower, in the bathroom is fine. In the living room or anywhere public is not okay.
    Anonymous

• Its a natural thing, and I'm sure that it didn't happen just the 2 times that you caught him.
    Anonymous

• It is natural for teen boys to masturbate. what I would tell him is if your going to di that do it behind closed locked doors. I think masturbating is a private thing. I haven't caught my DH doing it. But I think he probably has.

Answer by louise2 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• normal and natural
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• well if he was in the bathroom that isnt a place other people should be going weather the door was locked or not. heard of knocking much
    Anonymous

• Yes it is very normal and I agree with the anonymous 4:15-Why did you bust in on the poor little man! I'd be pissed if I was him!
    And yes my husband still masterbates and so do I-he travels for work a lot!
    Anonymous

• I went in because it's our (husband) 7my bathroom off my bedroom .Their bathroom only has a shower..sometimes they like a long hot bath.I have told them they could use it only sometimes like sore after a hard football practise or something..It was totally un expected.My bathroom why knock should only be My husband and I usually.but kids don't always do what they're asked now do they?The question was about the other I asked..Now if it was his of course I would knock. ok, anyone else with a clean mind????How's that for being frank????;)
    Anonymous

• It's normal just explain that he needs to be a little more discreet. I can just picture the shock on your face :). Two of my boys are teens I think I would roll on the floor hystarically if I walked in on them.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2009