Who has had a breech baby turned?

I'm scheduled to have a version (doctors will attempt to turn my breech baby) tomorrow at 37 weeks. Has anyone else had this? Does it really hurt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My SIL had a c-section due to a breech baby in 2005. They never offered her that. They told her of natural ways to try and turn it. Which were real weird. Burning sage on the tip of a certain toe. I don't remember what else right now. I just know they monitored her and checked every week to see if she turned yet. I didn't know they did that.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• yes it hurts very much so. iv never had it done but my baby is breech at the moment and the dr said we could try to turn him that way but it was a very painful procedure and very risky and can lead to a emergency c section right then and there. MY friend had it done and has verified its very painful. its like them taking their fist and punching you in the stomach clear to your spine. babies choose there postion for a reason id almost say just go for a c section.
    Anonymous

• personally no, but I have a friend who had it done and said she would never do it again. Not only was it horribly painful, she had it done twice because the baby flipped back. She ended up with a c-section in the end anyway. Good luck, hope everything works out well for you.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My mom said I was breech right up until about a week before she had me. The doctors thought they would have to do a section, but I turned at the last second. Babies usually cooperate in the end, but do what you think is best.
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 4:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• My firstborn was butt down the entire time til I was 38 1/2 wks along and then he flipped head down.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 5:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2009