Social without interaction

What's the point of joining a social site with no intention of really communicating with anyone on it, like someone who joins fb, adds friends, but never posts anything but ecards, or someone who joins Answers, asks nothing but silly, meaningless questions, answers old ones, and ignores anyone who tries to have an actual conversation? Wouldn't it make more sense to go somewhere like Pogo or Cheezburger?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:24 PM on Nov. 3, 2013 in Technology

• I don't get that at all. If I join a social site it is to talk to other people. If I ask a question I like to interact with those who answer. Some people are just fucking stupid.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Well, I have a Facebook account and practically never post on it. I do read what's up with other people, though, and occasionally comment on their posts. I used to be more active on it but stopped when people started getting too political.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:26 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Maybe they are socially challenged and have a hard time breaking the ice. I don't know. When I started to come to answers I would read a lot, but not post questions or answers until I sort of got the lay of the land. Maybe the kind of people you are speaking about haven't taken the time to figure out how this section works.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• yeah, it is quite annoying when people ask questions with no intention of even coming back to say kiss my butt or thanks for the info etc.....
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Silly mean less questions and answers...sounds like me
    ;)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Meaningless
    Not mean less...that is not me, I am plenty mean;p
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Maybe the kind of people you are speaking about haven't taken the time to figure out how this section works.

That would make sense for the people who only post once or twice on their fb wall and never come back, or the ones here who ask a question from fb directly, never to be seen again. But the ones throwing up a dozen pics in an hour every day, or the ones here who level up to the 20's, they'd have to be pretty obtuse.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Kinda like the owner of the site post padding, isn't it?!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Silly mean less questions and answers

If that were true, we wouldn't know anything about your daughter at all. We used to place bets on when she'd go to sleep, remember :p
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• ^^^yeah, I remember all the bets we had with your daughters bed time :)
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 6:37 PM on Nov. 3, 2013