Malfunctioning fake baby

Friend of mine's daughter has the fake baby for the weekend from school. It hasn't cried since this morning, and now it's started making this ticking sound, like the speaker clicking on and off, but no actual crying. They'r wondering if the baby broke or the battery is dying.

Anyone (or your kids) ever had a problem with one?

(this is probably the longest I've spend trying to decide what category to put a question in LOL)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• DAMMIT NP.... You know the rules. Take the baby to ER and don't stop to ask us on CM!!!

LMAO!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I don't think their insurance covers the Fake ER for Fake Babies :(
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Blame it on Obama Care!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:44 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I would throw the baby out the window and call police department or bomb squad

Ticking baby, sounds dangerous

If a battery/tech issue...hit it with a closed fist like you do to other devices
    This might work
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Did they try changing the batteries?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 6:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Did they try changing the batteries?

They don't have access to them. From what I understand it's all computerized and they have to scan everytime they do something to it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• yeah, my boys always had trouble with those fake babies... Depending on what type this one is, some of them you can take the battery out, and replace it. Other ones register it as you were messing with it to get it to stop crying, and it voids everything you have done... basically resulting in an F for this assignment... I'd leave it be unless you can call/email the teacher and ask....

Stupid fake babies, they are never reliable when you need them to be.... Oh wait. That's kinda like a real baby.... :)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I just got my hand slapped over here:

"Didn't ask for rude comments thank u. I plan to call the Dr but can't until they're open thank you. And I'm pretty sure with jaundice they're suppose to be eating and using the bathroom right. I'm not asking for a diagnosis just OPINIONS. "

So maybe I should have been nicer NP.... I apologize.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• LOL We have those at school... the batteries can go. Can she e-mail the teacher to double check?? That would be kind of like calling the on call doc for the kids pedi! LOL
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Thanks, passed that on to them!
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Nov. 3, 2013