Anyone dealing with Lymes?

Or, have you ever been diagnosed with it? How long do you think you had it before being diagnosed?

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2013 in Health

• Sounds like my cousins..it was years before they figured it out and she is permentantly disabled and has a ton of problems as it got into her brain.

It is crazy but being someone who dealt with harder to diagnose conditions I know how hard it can be at time to get doctor to listen to you and i is even harder when they don't have a test or something they can physically see.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Do you think you may have it? The rash, if you get one, can appear as late as a month following a bite. Though about 40% of people don't get the rash. That makes it a lot harder to diagnose.

2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• My dad had it for months and kept getting misdiagnosed, and he had the rash, but they kept telling him it wasn't Lyme. He got to the point where his neck was unable to move and he had some serious mood alteration. He finally got diagnosed and had to go on intravenous antibiotics for quite awhile before it got better. I really hope you aren't going through this!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:51 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I don't/haven't. My Cousin has it, it took a long time to get diagnosed and affected her brain so she is still dealing with the effects years later.

If you think you have it see your doctor as soon as possible...if you have been diagnosed then push for great and fast treatment..

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• I don't thankfully!!! The sister of a friend of mine has it... misdiagnosed for 26 years. She is going thru HELL! Two year on IV antibiotics with a central line. Off for a few months and now it's back again. She started an 8 antibiotic cocktail recently.... probably going back to a central line soon. She has a 5 year old she adopted before the treatment started. It's a heart wrenching story. She wrote a book... going to print right now. I was just wondering if anyone here knew of any others in the same or similar situation. They say there are over 300,000 cases like hers. It's nuts!!
    Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Yes, many people in my area have it. The Sister of my former coworker has it for at least 20 years now. She has horses & Deer come to eat on the property & that's where she got it. It's been so bad that she had lymph nodes removed. I was sick over the summer & went to my Dr. I asked for a Lyme test. I got full blood work done as well. Lyme came up negative but I was positive with Parvovirus (Fifth's in kids). The test now for Lyme is pretty accurate they say. BUT! There is a new strain just discovered here that has gone undiagnosed so they use all the tests for it they have now here.

It's a very debilitating disease. :(
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:57 AM on Nov. 4, 2013