i have twins and i was wondering the best way to wean them off the bottle

ktreinhardt

Asked by ktreinhardt at 10:59 PM on Nov. 3, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a 1 year old you don't or you offer a cup. A 2 year old should definitely be on a cup and you just lose the bottles. Literally.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:21 PM on Nov. 3, 2013

• Have you tried googling the definition of "wean"?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:17 AM on Nov. 4, 2013

• MAke sure they can handle a sippy cup. Introduce that and let them explore it until they have success using it. It can take a few days. Have it readily available to them. Then drop one bottle feeding a week and give the cup. It takes time. You may want to let them have the last bottle for a long time. The little one I care for still has her afternoon bottle. All others have been dropped. Google weaning too.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:53 AM on Nov. 4, 2013

• I found these amazing sippy cups by Aveeno that have a soft spout but look like a traditional sippy. That was the only thing that has helped me get all my kids from bottle to cup. After they started using those cups, we just gradually changed to a sturdier, "regular" cup.
    WhyPiggy

Answer by WhyPiggy at 2:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2013