Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So beyond miserable:(

I have been getting bladder infections for almost a year now and every time I go to my doctor she just gives me meds and that's it. And even after taking all my meds I still go to bed at night and I always feel like something is pressing on my bladder so I get up at night and go pee to try and relieve the pain but it doesn't work:( I go pee a lot during the day. I'm ALWAYS in pain and I'm so exhausted anymore. I tried seeing if I could get an appt with a urologist andthey want a refferal ffrom my doctor. I feel like no one is going to help me:(

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Nov. 4, 2013 in Health

Answers (8)
  • You need to get the referral from your doctor. Often, if you call her nurse they will do the referral over the phone for you

    Answer by Daigen at 10:49 AM on Nov. 4, 2013

  • so demand the doctor give you one if he refuses get your records and a new doctor.

    Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 11:11 AM on Nov. 4, 2013

  • You definitely need to see a urologist. If meds won't clear up chronic bladder inectons, there may be something deeper going on, and you may need a bladder study, which only a urologist can do. Get pushy with your doctor, or find another doctor who will refer you. It's your body.

    Answer by Ballad at 11:32 AM on Nov. 4, 2013

  • You really need a referral so demand one from your doctor!!!!! There could be a lot going on and you need to find out

    Answer by Nimue930 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 4, 2013

  • Only YOU can make YOU feel better. Get the referral & take charge of your health. No one will do it for you. GL!

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

  • Get that referral. If your Dr. won't do it, then find one who will. We still have some say over our medical care, take charge & find out what's causing this. GL

    Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

  • Well I got an appt with my Dr today cause I'm in pain and guess what I have another bladder infection. 2nd one in less than month:( I told her I wanted to see a urologist so now I'm waiting for them to call me for an appt. I'm really hoping they find out what's causing me all this pain soon:( Has anyone been through this?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

  • What a relief you are getting the referral. I don't think chronic bladder infections are right so you'll get the help you need. Hammer into the next doctor that you've been struggling way too long with this and the prescriptions that your regular doctor just aren't doing it.

    Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:37 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.