• In the Spotlight:

Second child?

My name is Amanda, I am 22 and have recently found out I am pregnant again, I had my first child at 20. So far my boyfriend and I can support our daughter without government help. I am scared I won't be able to support a second child. My boyfriend is a fantastic father but I know a second child is a huge take on. I am not opposed to abortion ( don't need to hear crap over that, personal beliefs) but I just need advice from someone who's been there before. I currently work full time and go to school, same for my boyfriend.

Amandamunley

Asked by Amandamunley at 11:10 AM on Nov. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• So are you asking whether you should have an abortion or not? It's up to you, I guess. I wouldn't, but that's my belief. Personally, I'd have the baby, even if it meant getting food stamps or Medicaid, but you'll have to weigh that one out for yourself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:29 AM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Second child was much easier for me. Plus you already have all the gear & clothing from the first. When they are little all the eat is breast milk or formula. My Daughter wore her big brothers baby clothes too! I got pregnant at 44 with my second! So I understand how you feel in a way. BUT! My little Surprise was a blessing & I am so thankful for her! GL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• the most expensive thing with babies is formula-which if you are that broke, you can get with WIC / or breastfeed
    and diapers

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2013