My daughter's have warts on there feet what procedures has any one used?

Both of my daughter's have warts on there feet and I tried to use over there counter medication without success. I called the doctor today and they said they could freeze them every 2 weeks for mutual treatments or use laticane, not sure if I spelt it right, to cortirize it off. that would be a one time treatment but a little more painful. What are other experiences?

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If the wart is in the heel, you have to soak the foot first to soften it up a bit. Then do the Freeze Away stuff (OTC) It's uncomfortable, but my dau was able to do it herself under my supervision. If they are stubborn, then you may have to make a Dr. appt. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Ugh, you actually misspelled everything up there...

There are several treatments you can do.... however, for warts, I just buy the OTC freeze kits and freeze them myself. I know several on here cover them with duct tape too. Have you Googled it? I had a lot of sun damage, skin tags, etc. I went to the Dermatologist and he burnt them off for me... I watched and decided I could do the same thing myself for a lot less money.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• sorry for the spelling I am on my phone
    jem102675

Comment by jem102675 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• This is what our docotor suggested. He said that the other methods were too painful and don't always work. This one is easy but will take a while.

Get a couple of Salicylic Acid plaster pads. Then cut a piece to the shape and size of the wart. Soak the foot for 10 minutes, dry, and put the the pad on the wart. Cover with first aid tape. In the morning the tape will probably fall off and that it okay. Then do it every night. But make sure you scrape off the top layer after soaking, before adding the pad. He said it would take a month or so, but it is pretty painless and the cheapest and easiest way.

You can buy the plaster pads on Amazon or you can buy them a sheet at a time from your local pharmacy. You don't need more than a couple, so don't buy the box of 25.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:30 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• I would not try my own homemade remedy when it came to my kids. The Dr.'s way is guaranteed. You need to bleach your showers & tubs thoroughly & make them wear slippers too!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Crushed Aspirin and duct tape worked suspiciously well on a wart my son had on his toe. It never came back. His pedi at the time was the one who recommended it. My daughter had a plantar's wart on her foot and that method worked. I think it took a week or two.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:07 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• We used the salicylic acid on our kids when they got warts on their feet. Twice a day until they were gone. The salicylic acid would dry it out and eventually it would fall off.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:39 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• When over the counter didn't work I took my dd to the foot dr. They used a topical medication and we went every three weeks for 3 months. They are easy to spread bleach your tub after use and clean their shoes as well. She had one and since we've been to the dr we've had no problems. They hurt and I'm not so big on experimenting with my Los.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 8:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2013