PSA... of a good idea I saw for moms of young children....

I work in emergency services both at volunteer firehouse and in EMS and this is very important, I post it every few months to remind people to both do it and update it. Too frequently firefighters come upon a car wreck where the mom is unconscious and there are children in the car who are too young to speak or communicate anything useful to the rescue team. ADVICE: Place a sticker on each child's car seat providing information that can help rescuers. Include: child's name & DOB, parent's names, DOB & phone, emergency contact info, child's doctor, any medical issues and any medications. Please update this information as needed as well. here's a photo example (please note this is not my photo just one from the internet but its a good example)

I saw this online, and thought it was a good idea to share.... I know I'll do it when either of my grandsons are staying with us... Maybe every young mom already knows this!!! I know I never thought of it when I was a young mom...

Nimue930

Asked by Nimue930 at 5:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2013 in General Parenting

• Brilliant idea! I'm going to do it. Thanks for sharing.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Great idea. Wish I had thought to do it when mine were little enough to still be in carseats.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• bump

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• My fiance told me about this today. He was very excited.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• I like the idea, but I'd put it on the base unit, not the car seat. I DON'T like the idea of walking around stores with all that information walking around with me.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Rose, I was thinking of that, and I agree. I'd definitely put it behing the handle or towards the bottom so it's not easily accessible for any pervert in the store!!!
    Nimue930

Comment by Nimue930 (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Otherwise, I think it's a fabulous idea, and one I'm going to try and remember when #3 comes. I'm just bothered by where this particular sticker is placed.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• bumpAwesome idea.  A smart thing to do, even tho you hope you'll be doing it for nothing.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Great post!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• I have a card in my wallet for each of my kids. It has a photo and all of their information. ( name, DOB, blood type, emergency contact info, medical info and height and weight)
    Anonymous