If CPS took her 3 kids away, will they take her new baby?

My friend just found out that his now ex girlfriend is pregnant by him - but here's the thing; she was previously married and all 3 of her children were taken by CPS because there was domestic violence occurring within the home. Neither her nor the children's father have those kids back to this very day.

She is currently in a relationship with a guy who is verbally and physically abusive and they do not have a place of their own and neither are working. My friend is working at Applebee's as a cook, but is paying child support for a child he JUST had not even a month and a half ago; he is living with a guy who has MS and who is getting ready to be evicted. He drinks heavily.

Will CPS take this baby too once she has it?

DigableMomBomb

Asked by DigableMomBomb at 5:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most likely. However that does not mean they won't try to get in contact with the dad. He may want to call and ask about that.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• The chances are very good that they will. If I were your friend I would make the girlfriend tell him the circumstances. It is ridiculous that people sleep with people and do not know anything about the other person.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• If I were your friend, I wouldn't even bother asking the girlfriend. I'd get a good lawyer and make plans to get full custody.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• It depends. Is she violent? Was the past domestic violence due to her actions, or was she the victim? Has she taken steps to remove herself from any violent situations? Was there drugs or alcohol as part of the problem? Does she use either of them while pregnant? DHS will look at all of this... plus any of factors and see if she has shown any signs of wanting to be a better mother.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• IMO, if her other 3 were allready taken away. And they (CPS) are not keeping track of her any more. I doubt they would. The dad would probably be able to take the kid/baby.

Answer by louise2 at 6:24 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• My main question is why would he even want someone like that....

But after that I'd have to say yes... the process will kick in as soon as she goes to the Dr. or hospital.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:29 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• God I hope so.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:33 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• I hope your friend is going to take care of his baby (afte a DNA test, of course) rather than sit back and watch his child go into care.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 3:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• Let's hope that he encourages her to give the baby up for adoption, he himself needs to call CPS and inform them of the pregnancy, you have no idea if she will visit the doctor or just show up at a hospital for delivery.
    I think you friend had bad taste in women, and it sounds like it would be a struggle to raise an infant when he just had a baby a month ago. I would suggest your friend get condoms, and call social services.
    This baby doesn't stand a chance unless it is adopted to someone better equipped to care for it.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 8:54 AM on Nov. 5, 2013

• My Brother and his ex wife got their 3 kids taken away and they were adopted out. It was her fault and they said my brother could have the kids if he divorced her, but he wouldn't do that. Now they are divorced and she has another kid. Even though she had her 3 kids taken away, they cant just take away this kid...there has to be reason.

She has to be reported again for anything to happen. Once they find out she's pregnant, they might watch her when the kid is born.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 10:03 AM on Nov. 5, 2013