A Texas woman writes a "Thank You" letter to Obama... Ahhhh

An average Texas single mom’s letter “thanking” President Obama for Obamacare, and all that it entails, has gone viral.

Yolanda (Lana) Vestal posted the letter on her Facebook page, and what started out as a way to vent, became a way for others to share frustration over Obamacare. The single mother of two blasts the president for increased taxes and lavish vacations. The post has received over 63,000 “shares,”

Here is Vestal’s letter to Obama:

Dear President Obama,

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for all you have done and are doing. You see I am a single Mom located in the very small town of Palmer, Texas. I live in a small rental house with my two children. I drive an older car that I pray daily runs just a little longer. I work at a mediocre job bringing home a much lower paycheck than you or your wife could even imagine living on. I have a lot of concerns about the new “Obamacare” along with the taxes being forced on us Americans and debts you are adding to our country. I have a few questions for you Mr. President.

Have you ever struggled to pay your bills? I have.

Have you ever sat and watched your children eat and you eat what was left on their plates when they were done, because there wasn’t enough for you to eat to? I have.

Have you ever had to rob Peter to pay Paul, and it still not be enough? I have.

Have you ever been so sick that you needed to see a doctor and get medicine, but had no health insurance because it was too expensive? I have.

Have you ever had to tell your children no, when they asked for something they needed? I have.

Have you ever patched holes in pants, glued shoes, replaced zippers, because it was cheaper than buying new? I have.

Have you ever had to put an item or two back at the grocery store, because you didn’t have enough money? I have.

Have you ever cried yourself to sleep, because you had no clue how you were going to make ends meet? I have.

My questions could go on and on. I don’t believe you have a clue what Americans are actually going through and honestly, I don’t believe you care. Not everyone lives extravagantly. While your family takes expensive trips that cost more than most of us make in two-four years, there are so many of us that suffer. Yet, you are doing all you can to add to the suffering. I think you are a very selfish and cold hearted man, who does not care what is best for the people he was elected by (not by me) to represent, but more so out for the glory of your name attached to history. So thank you Mr. President, thank you for pushing those of us that are barely staying afloat completely under water and driving America into the ground. You have made your mark in history, as the absolute worst and most hated president of the United States. God have mercy on your soul!

Sincerely,

Yolanda Vestal

Average American

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 4, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• clappingSadly, that could've been written by so many of us.  And even sadder yet, it won't make a difference.  These idiots in Washington, not just the President, are clueless & don't give a damn.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• I did all of those things when my kids were young.

Bush was president
    Daigen

Answer by Daigen at 7:16 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• That's all fine and dandy Daigen BUT Bush was not forcing you to buy health insurance. Bush was not punishing people for not making enough money by threatening to punish them further for not buying a product they could not afford.
    Anonymous

• I stand by my post. Unless you were poor and bringing up children in the late 80's you have no clue. Further, there's always someone who believes the current president is " the absolute worst and most hated president of the United States", no matter which president it is. It's hyperbole.
    Daigen

Answer by Daigen at 7:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Of course, that's just my opinion. Take it as you will
    Daigen

Answer by Daigen at 7:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

Bush was president

I did those things too when my kids were young.

Carter was the president then.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 7:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• My point exactly. Doesn't matter what president it is. We've all suffered, to some extent, under all of them.
    Daigen

Answer by Daigen at 7:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Opinions are opinions you are right. There has and always will be a poor population the year makes no difference- poor is poor no matter the generation. This mothers point is that she is not being forced to take her already stretched budget and pay for health care even though she resigned her self to not having it to provide other things for her family.
    Anonymous

• She should blame her governor. All of her woes sound more like a problem on the state level.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:00 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• I've read this before. It also remind me of the spin some PR person gave Obama. He's the 5th best president....hang on I'll see if I can find it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2013