my 3 month old was on the pink kind of simulac now she is on the blue kind and she wont eat ether one of the formulas what can i change her too that will be good for her?

avahsmommie

Asked by avahsmommie at 4:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont understand why you have changed her formula to begin with.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• You should talk with your daughters doctor about what kind of formula would be best for her. It depends on if she has any special conditions or was a preemie . We had my daughter on the regular Similac but she was always to fussy and gassy so we switched to the Enfamil . As she got older and started drinking more the Enfamil at 25 bucks a can go too expensive. I went around comparing brands and talked to her doc and we decided on the Target brand formula. Its the closest to Enfamil and has the same nutrition but its only $11 a can.
    HeartsNRoses

Answer by HeartsNRoses at 4:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Long shot, but, re-lactating has worked for thousands of women, and has saved thousands of babies who were not okay on formula.

-- http://www.kellymom.com/bf/adopt/relactation-resources.html#linksrelactation
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I hear a lot of babies take well to Nestle Good Start because its a bit sweeter. My ds doesnt like much formula and hasnt since 3 months of age but I have to force it as its his main source of nutrition since I was not able to BF. I switched to Nestle and he seems to like that the best so far....
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 4:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Will she not eat it at all or is she having trouble with it--puking or constipation, tummy rumbling, crying due to discomfort??? You can always try another brand, my dd didn't like Similac, she liked Enfamil. You can also try soy milk if she's having trouble with digestion. Contact her physician though. They may have a better idea what's going on. Maybe she just has a cold or something and is not eating much right now.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• breastmilk. lololol jk. sometimes it takes a while to find the right kind. talk to her doctor, maybe he can give you some samples. also, i know a lot of babies do well on good start.
    Anonymous

• i like to have never got my daughter settled on a formula. The blue similac was a big no no. She had terrible gas pains. For the first six months she ended up settling on the enfamil nutrigimen. She had severe constipation and gas from everything else. After 6 months, she has been on the similac sensitive r.s. due to a little acid reflux. She has been fine ever since. My daughter absoultly could not tollerate soy. I think that is what is in the pink of similac. She vomited averytime she ate it.
    Anonymous

• I went through a few before I found the right one. My son was on Similac and was pretty gassy. I heard a lot of good things about the Nestle Good Start, but it didn't sit well with him. So we tried the Enfamil Gentlease and it worked great. I found that Sam's Club makes their own formula through their brand, Members Mark. It is equivalent to Enfamil Gentlease and you get twice as much for the same price.

As long as you are trying milk-based formulas, then you can switch it until you find the right one. It's a pain, but once you find that right formula, things work out great :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It's not too late to relactate. It's the best thing for your baby all around. Go to kellymom.com for info on it.
    Anonymous