Unemployment appeal hearing

Have you ever had to appeal an unemployment decision? I have a telephone hearing with a judge tomorrow and I'm really scared and nervous. I've read that I should have gotten an attorney to represent me and that if I blow this there is no further option for me. I voluntarily quit during a harassment investigation. Believe me, the harassment was very bad. I do have some emails that I sent to the judge to support my claim but I am still scared I'm not prepared.

If you have been through this what was it like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Nov. 4, 2013 in Money & Work

• Ive had to sit in on a few when I was a case worker. My clients had me sit in to give them moral support, and to help them remember things. They really aren't that bad. The judges know a lot of people won't have a lawyer, and they just want factual info to their questions. Have everything ready so you can look at things, don't trust your memory. Be honest, and concise. The judges seem to really hate drama!!! GL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Thank you. That helps a lot. It has been a few months so I'm sort of beyond the drama of it so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2013