What is this CALLED? and any Las Vegas natives here??

I am looking for a hair tech to come to my hotel room and make my hair purrty ... I found someone by total chance on craigslist however her daughter is in a dance competition on the exact day I need her, boo. She has no recommendations (duh, competition) but calls herself a "mobile salon". I cannot seem to find anything else like that, however I'd imagine there's plenty of them.

I am more comfortable w/ private because in a traditional salon you're sitting under bright lights w/ strangers passing around and my hair (esp when damp) is very thin and I am devastatingly self conscious about it. I will skip it/try to do it myself before I let that ruin my trip. I know some salons have private rooms but in vegas that would be "VIP" and outta my price range. Ideas? What to google??

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:18 PM on Nov. 4, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Not sure but I wonder if you can google the name of the person you found on Craigslist, see what she is listed under, and then Google that...???? You said she is a mobile salon, but maybe there are other identifiers.... Or just google hair salons in that area, and see if any of them advertise going to other locations... GL
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Usually the hotel itself will have suggestions and even possibly on-duty stylists for you to use....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:25 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• Our Las Vegas native is no longer here.

Salons out there are uber expensive, however, the flip side is you'll ever see any of those people ever again in your lifetime. Go sit in the chair and get it done.

Are you getting married out there or is there some other reason to get your hair done?

If you've never been there, you should also know there is ZERO humidity, and your hair will do shit it has never done before. I love it because my natural curls always look fabulous and never frizzy!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:42 PM on Nov. 4, 2013

• I've seen freelance hairdresser, home hairdresser and mobile hairdresser.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 3:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2013